Practitioner Pregnancy Masterclass
How to confidently support high & low risk pregnancies as a Naturopath or Nutritionist with Rhiannon Hardingham
Pregnancy is one of the greatest times of physical and nutritional demand in a person’s life.
Many people seeking to become pregnant recognise this and seek out a naturopath or nutritionist to support them through this time. Unfortunately many practitioners lack the confidence to recommend effective dietary and lifestyle interventions, as well as to safely prescribe nutritional and herbal medicine. As naturopaths and nutritionists, we are uniquely positioned to profoundly influence the health of both parent and child for the rest of their lives by implementing effective clinically-proven and evidence-based interventions.
Fertile Ground Health Group has been specialising in fertility and pregnancy care in Melbourne for nearly 20 years. In this role we have developed a trusted collaborative relationship with medical specialists in the fields of reproductive and obstetric medicine, as well as a deep understanding of successful approaches to naturopathic and nutritional management of both low and high risk pregnancies.
This masterclass is your chance to get full access to our years of experience, distilled into clinically implementable, pregnancy specific information. We invite you to integrate what you learn with your own patients and elevate your practice outcomes.
Is this masterclass for you?
- Do you want to feel confident managing both low and high risk pregnancies?
- Do you know what to look for in pathology testing to give you clues for optimal nutritional management?
- Do you want to be able to confidently select appropriate supplements and herbal medicines for your pregnant patients?
- Do you want to be able to easily identify red flags and understand key preventative and treatment interventions for those patients at risk of complications, such a pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes and intra-uterine growth restriction?
- Do you want to feel more confident when challenging conventional pregnancy nutrition and supplement recommendations?
- Do you want to learn how to communicate effectively with your patient’s medical care providers?
- Do you want to know how to strategically structure appointments around key pregnancy milestones, ensuring confidence in your management?
Get answers to all of the above and more with Fertile Ground Health Group naturopath Rhiannon Hardingham in this exclusive online masterclass.
What you get
In this three-part Pregnancy Masterclass series Rhiannon shares her extensive clinical knowledge around pregnancy support, management of normal and complex pregnancies, birth preparation and postpartum care.
You will receive detailed clinical assessment and treatment tools to assist in day-to-day practice, as well as up-to-date resources regarding evidence-based support for pregnancy care. On completion, you will have information and resources required to confidently support both low and high risk pregnancies.
All sessions will be recorded on zoom and available for you to access until the end of 2021.
Participants of this 3 week Masterclass will earn 6 CPE points.
Pregnancy Masterclass Program
WEEK 1 – First Trimester
A examination of the early stages of pregnancy, and how to offer best clinical support through this often physically and emotionally challenging time. This week includes:
- Appropriate dietary recommendations, supplementation and pathology testing.
- Nausea management.
- Optimising placental establishment to reduce risks of long-term complications.
- Assessing and managing miscarriage risk.
- Standard medical management of this stage.
WEEK 2 – Second Trimester
A review of how to make the most of this relatively easy window, and optimise nutrition and health outcomes in preparation for the trickier third trimester. This week includes:
- Preventing anaemia and interpreting pathology in the presence of haemodilution
- Mid-term pregnancy loss risk assessment and management.
- Early identification and risk-reduction for gestational diabetes (GDM).
- Standard medical management of this stage, including the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT).
WEEK 3 – Third & Fourth Trimester
A deep dive into the most risky of trimesters, including:
- Considerations around optimal third trimester nutritional support and pathology assessment.
- Birth preparation, labour support and postpartum recovery.
- Specific management of those people at risk of complications, including intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR), premature delivery, pre-eclampsia and group B strep (GBS).
Time: 3 x 2 hour recorded sessions.
Cost: $395 including GST
Platform: Zoom recordings