Seedsli is a great alternative to muesli for the grain or gluten challenged and a delightful way to get creative with your breakfast! Seeds are an amazing source of good fats, protein, fibre, essential vitamins and minerals and energy, not to mention packed with flavour. This recipe is simple to put together and will keep in a sealed jar for up to several weeks. It makes approx 4 cups, is gluten free, coeliac, and grain free.
- ¼ cup each of: unhulled sesame seeds, pepitas, sunflower seeds, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, buckwheat groats (or whatever seeds you have to hand to a total of 3 cups)
- ½ cup slivered or chopped almonds, toasted and cooled
- ½ cup coconut flakes, toasted and cooled
- 1 generous teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, split (optional)
- ½ cup puffed quinoa (optional, but a very tasty addition)
- ¼ cup dried fruit (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to ensure cinnamon flavour is well distributed.
- Place vanilla pod into a large jar and top up with seeds.
- Allow to stand for a few days, with an occasional shake so the vanilla flavour infuses through the Seedsli giving it a delicious aroma and flavour.
- Serve with fruit and yogurt, your favourite nut milk, on top of stewed fruit, or make it into a crumble topping with a crunchy, healthy difference. You can even just have it as a tasty snack on its own. For best nutritional results, soak it overnight in a little water or milk before consuming
This recipe is brought to you by The Breakfast Project and the senior fertility naturopathic and nutritionist team ,at Fertile Ground Health Group.
Are you keen to access dietary support for fertility, pregnancy, postpartum or general health? Book in with one of our Naturopaths for a free 10 minute telehealth consult to find out what’s possible for you > navigate to heading Naturopathy – Fertile Ground > 10 minute Free Naturopathic Introduction.