This is your opportunity to join our renowned and wonderful team at Fertile Ground Health Group and The Melbourne Apothecary in a Practice Management role. We are ready for applications and feel excited to interview the right candidate/s.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced, customer focused Practice Manager to work closely alongside the directors (Charmaine Dennis and Carly Woods) and our dispensary manager. You will grow and develop both businesses (Fertile Ground Health Group and The Melbourne Apothecary) while providing management and support to the entire team.
You will provide high level development initiative, business and administrative support, as well as oversee our team of health professionals and receptionists on a daily basis at our busy clinic and apothecary located in the heart of Fitzroy, Melbourne.
We are looking for someone who can find solutions in a dynamic environment. There are a variety of demands each day and as such multitasking and organisation skills are essential. To be successful in this role you will have analytical precision and finesse, enabling you to oversee and easily write and implement workplace protocols and systems. We are looking for someone who is excited to respond and adapt to change with us – which is so needed in Melbourne’s new normal environment amidst COVID. This is a big and incredibly rewarding role.
This a full time, permanent role with some flexibility for work from home and 2 weeks extra leave (without pay) per year available if required. The role is flexible for 4 or 5 days a week depending on your needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Business and practice growth with a focus on building collaborative relationships alongside the practice owners, practitioners and staff team.
- Business Development of the practice, the apothecary and our practitioners. Providing business and marketing guidance and mentoring to the team.
- Reception Support and Management.
- Practitioner Support and Management.
- Staff training and practitioner onboarding.
- Marketing, strategy, rollout of targets and project management.
- General practice management including, financials, administration, technology/IT, event management, liaising with suppliers (not including dispensary) and third parties.
- Focus on continuous enhancement of operations within the practice to reflect our deep value of the environment and sustainability.
- You are passionate about business development, networking and driving growth.
- You understand the complementary, integrative and collaborative health environment.
- You understand business operations in healthcare professions / industry.
- You can work independently, taking initiative to find solutions and have the management skills to role out implementation.
- You have excellent time management skills, efficiency and the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks in a supportive and positive way.
- You love to ensure encouraging, collaborative and productive relationships are maintained with and between colleagues.
- History of similar experience managing people in professional settings.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a receptionist/admin team of staff.
- You have proven experience in business development and strategic planning for company growth.
- Strong experience in complementary medicine administration and reception management.
- Strong management, diplomacy and communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with and positively uplift and inspire staff, practitioners and patients.
- A collaborative and flexible approach to delivering exceptional patient centred services.
- Willingness and ability to proactively implement continuous improvement and change initiatives.
- Ability to use practice administration systems, as well as social media, marketing and website platforms.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone with an interest in developing a successful career in the business, finance, administration and management side of natural medicine. We are ready for commitment and stability for a longer term and willing to work with the right person to develop a rewarding career.
What is Fertile Ground Health Group?
Fertile Ground Health Group is a well established and highly regarded multidisciplinary practice with a strong focus on supporting people who struggle with fertility issues to create healthy families at any stage of their reproductive life and health. With over 5 staff and 20 practitioners providing expert acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, naturopathy, nutrition, osteopathy, massage, breath therapy, counselling and birth support, we have been collaborating with medical and allied heath to provide the best support for our patients for over 20 years in practice.
What is The Melbourne Apothecary?
The Melbourne Apothecary was created when we moved to our Fitzroy location one year ago to provide Melbourne’s first prescription-only naturopathic dispensary, serving the Fertile Ground Health Group team as well as filling prescriptions for Naturopaths all over Australia. The MA serves to protect the street level privacy of our fertility and IVF patients (for those who need it) along with increasing accessibility of our general health services for the benefit of our community. It is a truly beautiful space and strives to be an example of what is possible.
Where are we located?
Fertile Ground and The MA moved into a beautiful, heritage-listed Victorian terrace house in Smith St, Fitzroy in April 2020.
To apply please email a cover letter and resume (or any other way to stand out for this position) to Charmaine Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org
18th June 2021
We will be interviewing as soon as the right candidates land in our inbox. Don’t delay and apply now.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” ~ Steve Jobs